Friday, May 25, 2018

Bug List


  1. The road I live on (20th Ave) is always clogged and creates problematic traffic.
    1. Why?- Because the builders and developers of Gainesville did not account for the population size that it is today. 
  2. When going to the movies, people always leave dirty things or wrappers in the cup holders.
    1. Why?- Because there is no trash can that is convenient for them to get to during their movie.
  3. The windows on my windshield are always dirty when I come out to my car in the morning.
    1. Why?- Because there is nothing covering my windshield during the night when it is just sitting there. 
  4. My windshield wipers are unable to actually clean anything but rain off of my windshield. 
    1. Why?- Because the wipers are not strong enough and the water the car uses to clean is also too weak. 
  5. After 11 p.m. there is only fast-food open and nothing healthy to eat. 
    1. Why?- Because most people have eaten dinner by then and it expected they will not eat again before going to sleep. 
  6. My alarm does not always wake me up in the morning.
    1. Why?- Because it is not strong enough to wake me up from my deep slumber.
  7. People always sit at the lights in their cars when it turns green.
    1. Why?- Becuase they are distracted and not focusing on the lights.
  8. When walking a dog outside there is always dog poop left behind by other people's dogs. 
    1. Why?- Because people do not clean it up properly. 
  9. When there is a plethora of litter and trash alongside the road.
    1. Why?- Because people throw it out of their cars and there is no one to clean it.
  10. When there are large trucks emitting plumes of exhaust into the atmosphere, polluting it. 
    1. Why?- Because the trucks are not environmentally friendly.  
  11. When you are in a classroom and someone gets 's up and creates a loud distracting noise.
    1. Why?- Becuase the chair scrapes the ground and there is no other way to get up.
  12. When I take a picture and the lens does not focus on a highly lit target (i.e. screen, scoreboard)
    1. Why?- Becuase the camera is unable to focus properly because the technology is not advanced. 
  13. When I am at the beach and the sand sticks to the towel I am trying to use to dry off. 
    1. Why?- The towel's fibers does not repel the sand.
  14.  When I am at the beach and sunscreen acts like an attractor to sand and it sticks on me. 
    1. Why?- Because the sunscreen's material is too stick. 
  15. When I am putting a packet of sugar into my coffee and it goes everywhere and I barely have enough to put in my coffee. 
    1. Why?- Becuase the packaging is not easily opened by the consumer. 
  16. When every day I have to throw away my plastic coffee instead of recycling it. 
    1. Why?- In our area, we are not permitted to recycle plastic. 
  17. When the condensation from my cup gets my desk/table all wet. 
    1. Why?- Because the cup's material cannot stop the condensation from escaping. 
  18. While driving, the bus that is in front of me stops in the middle of the road causing a major backup in traffic. 
    1. Why?- Because there is no separate place for the bus to stop or any other way for civilians to get on the bus. 
  19. After I am done cooking, when I do the dishes, the soap does not always work to get the food or ingredients off the dish. 
    1. Why?- Because the soap or sponge used is not harsh enough to clean the dish properly 
  20. When the light bulb burns out and I have to continue to buy new ones. 
    1. Why?- Because light bulbs are not rechargeable or reusable once they burn out. 
Reflection/ Challenges with coming up with the Bug List: 
As stated in the video professor Pryor posted, you can't just do this assignment all at once because it is hard to come up with these things. However, jotting them down as I go through my day was a lot easier and I was able to come up with things that bugged me and reasons why they exist. Although it was hard to think about the bugs throughout the day, living through them was much easier, and I was even able to come up with a few that could be good business ideas. All together, this was a really interesting assignment as it opened my eyes to some things that bug me that I didn't even know about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment