Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Free Money


I am going to go up to people at the gym or jogging in public, wherever it is they have to be working out. I am going to award people dollar bills for waking up early in the morning and working on their physical fitness. All of my winners will be selected early in the morning so that it shows even more dedication to physical fitness and improving themselves. To get the conversation started, I am going to ask them if I could record them for a social experiment, and then I will tell them that I am awarding people money for getting up early in the morning and working on their physical fitness. Of course, I am first going to ask if they mind participating and being recorded. My plan for the conversation is that after I tell them about the social experiment, I will simply ask them to accept my dollar bill as a reward for their effort to better themselves.  If I attempt this 5 times I think that I will be able to give away 3 of them. To simulate the interruption part, they will be either be running/walking or with headphones in so I will have to interrupt their task or what they are doing. 







My reflection for this exercise overall was it was actually harder than I thought it would be. I had asked one person who said no which is why in the first video I was happy at the end because that was my first taker! My predictions were slightly pessimistic because out of the first 5, 4 people actually accepted the money which certainly surprised me. It is possible that was because it was with a younger target group and they accept money easier than older adults. I thought people would definitely be less tempted to take the money but these people who were working out seemed pleasantly shocked and willing to help. I also think they wanted to get back to their exercise and took the money so they could do just that. I do think they appreciated the gesture and what I was awarding them for doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment