Friday, July 27, 2018

28A – Your Exit Strategy

1. After coming up with this idea and creating this company, I definitely do not intend to sell it. I intend to finish up my time with creating and further developing my business and then retiring! Upon my retirement, I would pass my business on to someone that I really trust.

2. I chose this exit strategy because I think it is important that I stay with this business and continue to work on it rather than sell it. It was my creation and I do not want anyone else to be in charge of it or mess it up.

3. I think my exit strategy has influenced the way that I run my business. I am doing it in the most efficient and effective way. I will experiment with new ideas and new markets even if I fail at that. This is because I am not trying to make the business look valuable or attractive to a potential buyer because I am not selling it ever. So this does influence my thoughts of growth and resources because I am looking at things for the long haul rather than the short quick turn around and sell. I am going to continue to work and develop it because I know that in the end, I will be the one running it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jacob!
    Like you, I also feel like I would want to hold on to my company after putting the time and effort into creating and developing it. I also share the desire to have control over what I created to ensure that it is managed and develops in the ways in which I intended it to! I would also want to pass my company on to someone I trust when it is time to retire, but if I couldn't find anyone who fit, I would consider selling.

    ReplyDelete