Friday, June 8, 2018

8A – Solving The Problem

1. The opportunity that I have identified and formed a hypothesis through the previous assignment is the fact that people regularly sleep through their alarm clocks or the ineffectiveness of modern alarm clocks.

2. The product that I have come up with is something that will be much more effective and useful than the current alarm clocks we use today. This product will combine motion into the wake-up process along with being unable to be turned off until the user is up and out of bed. This will be the MattressRise. This product will be able to effectively enable you to rise up in the morning so you are not late for anything. This product will act as a mattress pad, it will be placed on top of the mattress and will be strapped to it. Then, at night, the user will set the time and vibration level that they want to be woken up to in the morning. Once the morning hits, the product will play an alarm sound along with the vibration of choice to wake the user up, and with a sensor built in, the alarm will not stop until the user is out of bed not laying on the mattress.

3 comments:

  1. Jacob, I would definitely be interested in buying this product. I currently set up multiple alarms in the mornings to wake up because I usually snooze one after another. With a product like MattressRise, this would never be the case. The fact that it will only turn off unless I physically get out of bed is the perfect motivator to wake up on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob!
    I really like the point you made by saying that this alarm clock would not turn off until the person was out of bed. On many of the occasions that I have slept through my alarm, it's been because I have clicked it off and fallen back asleep after. If there was an alarm on the market that ensured I got out of bed, I would buy it without a doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob,
    I am always sleeping through my alarm and having to set at least three to even hear it in the morning. This is something that I think I, among many many other people, are severely suffering from. This is a great solution that you have come up with and something that I could see having a lot of success. It is something very different from the traditional wake up call and could have a lot of synchronization with other things as we further the IOT.

    ReplyDelete